Tonight was Open House at Parker's school. I know his teacher and his classmates have been working hard to prepare their classroom for this night, and it was fun to see Parker finally experience what all the preparations were all about--I'm not sure if he knew what to expect. Their room looked great--so nice and neat!--and there was lots of artwork up on all of the walls. It took me a while to realize that the banner his teacher made said the "Class of 2025"--that's a hard one to process!!! Parker also got to show me and then take home a stack of all of his most special work from the whole year. It's especially fun to see the improvement in his writing since the beginning of the year. He was really excited to have his special envelope of work, and was really proud of it. And I'm proud of him!
Showing me his schoolwork--at first he wanted to hold up each item and have me take a picture of it, but once I realized he was really doing to do it, I gave up :)
The kids planted lima beans and grass seeds...but not much has started sprouting yet. Hopefully by the end of the year!
Watercolor butterflies. For some reason I love how the bathroom signs are in so many of the shots I took--it just seems so representative of elementary school!
The kids recently had ponies come to school and go to go for pony rides out on the field.
Woo hoo! Parker is a member of the 100s club--which means he can count to 100!
A cool keepsake we got to take home--Parker's writing under the photo says, "My shadow kind of looks like an X."
Holding his folder of Kindergarten work :)




No comments:
Post a Comment