We are so thankful and lucky that we can pop over to my mom and dad's place to take a quick dip in the pool now that the weather has warmed up! I think it will really help Parker progress in his water-comfort-quotient this summer to get in the water as often as possible. He was happy to put his lifejacket on and swim around, which is a big step from a year ago even though it's still with a lifejacket on. Levi is a little unsure about the whole pool/water/swimming thing at first, but after we've been there for about 20 minutes or so he gets this look in his eye like he's going to just start jumping in with out announcing himself first (or making sure that there's anyone there to catch him). We always end up warming up in the jacuzzi, and Levi absolutely loves the "bubbles!!!" there.
Thanks to Dee and Niki, Parker will be taking swim lessons for the next month at a nice swim school in Carlsbad. I'm so excited to try out a new place for him this summer, especially since I really feel like he's at a tipping point with his ability and willingness and confidence to swim. I don't want to harass him with my camera during his lessons yet, as I'm afraid it might stress him out or distract him, so I'll have to post about that once he's had a few lessons under his belt!


No comments:
Post a Comment