So, this post was supposed to be about the new pillow covers that I'm sewing...but then Levi had to get his cuteness all up in the pillow photo shoot :) Seriously, as soon as he saw me taking pictures of the new pillow, he climbed right up on the bench and started modeling for me. So now you get to see just how darling Levi looks while snuggling on the new pillow cover. I ordered this fabric online from a seller on Etsy, and I swear it was the last half yard of it left for sale on the whole internets. I fell in love with it and am really happy that I got it...the seller is based in Japan (it's a Japanese linen/cotton blend fabric), and it felt so exotic to me to have a package arrive in the mailbox all the way from Japan...until Jared tried to remind me that I buy things from China every (well, certainly hopefully not every) day. Oh well, I still think it's really cool. I've made one of two pillow covers so far, and it was by far the easiest thing I've sewn to date. I don't feel up for learning how to sew zippers yet, so I just went with the envelope style closure on the back and it's just fine. For reasons that still remain unclear to even me, I made this for an 18-inch size pillow although the nice feather pillow inserts that we have are 20-inch sizes (actually, the half-yard wasn't going to be quite wide enough for a 20-inch pattern). So the cover is kind of bursting at the seams and the pillow has a bit of a funny shape (no doubt helped along by my less-than-straight seams), but I'm learning to embrace imperfection (ha). Some day I will replace them with 18-inch pillows and make new covers for the 20-inchers to use on the couch. I'm feeling very turquoise-ish (or perhaps aqua-y) in a retro way lately, and I've been daydreaming about adding some color to the house. I spend a lot of time in here these days, you see :)
No comments:
Post a Comment