Tuesday, June 5, 2012

First Blocks




I'm happy to say that I've begun sewing my squares into 12-inch blocks of nine squares each, and so far everything seems to be working out well! I'm relieved that this project might actually be successful...I've made 3 blocks and am secretly hoping to make 30...on one hand, I should probably just make a small blanket, but on the other hand I want to end up with something that I really love (like I love it so far), so we'll see. I'm also secretly toying with the idea of paying someone to finish the quilt for me (once all of the blocks are complete and sewn together into the quilt top)--I've discovered that there are people who offer this service, they do all of the quilting at the end, sewing all of the layers together with a special "longarm" quilting machine. But I also know that this will end up costing more than I should admit to (considering that I would also like to purchase some more fabric for it), so I will just keep on trucking along and enjoying sewing my blocks together and will deal with finishing it off when I get there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment