Friday, May 27, 2011

A Submarine Expedition






Parker and I toured a submarine in the bay while Jared and Levi took a little break. I don't think I've ever been on a submarine before, so it was really interesting to see--the officers' quarters, with their own private bunks, dining room, bathrooms, and food prep area, were particularly interesting. You can tell that Parker was pretty excited about the whole experience by his willingness to pose for photos throughout our adventure--he's pretty in to blasters and such. I was a little worried that I would get claustrophobic down there, but it wasn't too bad--although Parker got pretty freaked out about halfway through when we got to a dark room with only a red light on that we had to pass through in order to make it to the exit. He kept insisting on turning around and heading back out the in door to find Jared, but we persevered and made it out the other end. It was especially worth it since Parker got to pose with the cool torpedoes at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment