Friday, May 27, 2011

Fisherman's Wharf






For months now, Parker has been obsessed with going to San Francisco so he could get a pearl at a store on Fisherman's Wharf; I remembered going there when I was eight years old on my school trip to Northern California, and told him about it when he started getting really into "treasure." I think that he's been intrigued by all of the treasures in the Lego sets that he has--it seems like in almost every set, "good guys" and "bad guys" are fighting each other over some kind of treasure. There's also a lot of treasure to be found in pirate stories and toys. So, I promised him a long time ago that if we ever went to San Francisco, I'd take him to Fisherman's Wharf and he could choose an oyster and discover a pearl inside. Well, you'd think that this was the only reason we went on vacation for him! Every day, he'd ask when we were going to get his pearl. So, on our first full day, we took the ferry over to the city from Sausalito and headed right for the Pearl Factory. He was pretty amazed and excited by the whole thing--which you could tell by his dead serious face--and was really happy to get a "silverish blue" colored pearl in the oyster he chose. He keeps it in a special little pouch, and, amazingly, he hasn't even lost it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment