I'm getting so close to finishing my first quilt top! I finally got all of the blocks finished and sewn together...everything pretty much worked out, but unfortunately one of the rows came out shorter than all of the others--??? Ooops. So I think that rather than trimming the rest of it to match, I'm going to go ahead and take that one row off and take it apart and try to redo the blocks so that they come out bigger...it's been a long process, but I'm still enjoying just working on it whenever I feel like it. It got pretty "interesting" working on it as it grew into one bigger and bigger piece of fabric...it became pretty unwieldy. I often felt like I was in over my head--like a kid in a junior high home ec. class first learning how to sew. (I had many visions of the well-intentioned yet mediocre ceramics projects I brought home in high school.) Once it is all fixed up, I'll have to put the top together with the backing fabric and batting inbetween, and then sew/quilt it all together. I have no idea how that's going to work out, but hopefully good enough :) I can't wait to have a family picnic on this when it's finally done! I'm also ready to start cutting my fabric to begin Levi's birthday blanket--it'll be nice to work with some different colors and patterns for a change.

No comments:
Post a Comment