I've never been very good at getting Levi down for a nap, and I always feel bad that he might be a tad "under-rested." We're usually bouncing around all day, from preschool dropoff to preschool pickup, to the grocery store to karate classes to swim lessons to swimming at Grammy and Grandpa's pool....which makes it hard to settle down and get quiet in the house for an extended period of time every day so Levi can sleep. For a long time, I would put Levi in his stroller and Parker would hop on his bike and we would traipse around the neighborhood until Levi fell asleep, then I'd park him in the stroller in my room and he'd usually sleep for around an hour and a half...it basically worked out for everyone, but it was still a lot of effort just to get him down for a nap, and now that the afternoons are so much hotter, walking around the neighborhood in the middle of the day doesn't sound so appealing. So, as soon as we returned from our road trip to Healdsburg, I bit the bullet and started putting Levi down for a nap--in his crib--every day. And for the first week, it worked like a charm...it's like all he had been waiting for was for me to just let him take a regular old nap, like he's supposed to! Eventually, we started having days where he just wouldn't go to sleep, and he would miss a nap yet again, but I definitely feel like we're heading in the right direction. Once kindergarten starts--in just one short week--I won't have any more excuses, and Levi will have a nice quiet house to sleep in every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment