Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten!





School has finally begun! Parker is officially a kindergartener! He woke up at 6:30 this morning, must have been from anticipation of his big day. His best friend, who is also going to the same school but is in a different class, met us at our house with his mom and we all walked down to school together with Jared and Levi. We joined a big group of parents and kids on bikes and scooters all heading to school--it felt pretty exciting. We've watched the to-and-from-school crowds out our front window for the last eight years living here, and now we're part of it... I know Parker is so ready for kindergarten. I'm sure he was nervous, but he doesn't really show it. There weren't any tears when it was time for me to leave. I'm sure he will get used to the newness of everything in a little while, and this will all be old news. I really hope he starts to enjoy it!

p.s. So now it's just me and Levi every day from 8:15 until 2:10...and I seriously have no idea what to do with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment