Parker had his last day of summer school yesterday, so he has been released into the wild until mid-September. Perhaps this is what they were symbolizing when they had each child release a balloon into the air at the end of their last day! Although I can't imagine that this is a very environmentally friendly practice, it sure was cute and it still kind of chokes me up just thinking about it. I'm so glad Parker was able to attend a month of summer school, it gave him something to do three days a week--fun projects to make, water days, bubble days, special snacks (S'mores! Ice cream sandwiches!)--and he made a new buddy.
I thought this list of the kids' favorite sea animals was so funny--note the differences in choices between the girls and the boys in the class. They sure do start that whole gender stereotyping thing young...


No comments:
Post a Comment