Monday, June 6, 2011

Swim Class








Parker had his first swim class at the YMCA today. I wasn't sure how it would go, since we took a swim class together at the Y when he was about two years old, and it was pretty much a bust. He hasn't been super comfortable in the water in the past, but he's made huge progress in the last nine months or so (especially since our last trip to Lake Powell). It turned out that he did great in his class today--we haven't been giving him enough credit for all of the growing up that he has done this last year! I think preschool has made a huge difference for him. He totally participated in class today, and I'm so excited thinking that he will finally learn how to swim this summer. I've signed him up for two sessions of classes this month, so he'll have a total of eight classes by the end of June. We're also going to get lots of practice in this summer, seeing as how the weather has been beautiful and sunny almost every day so far--no May Gray to speak of, and no June Gloom so far, either! So we'll be doing plenty of swimming in Grammy and Grampy's pool, at the beach, and at Mission Bay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment