Wednesday, March 28, 2012

San Diego Zoo


Parker getting some shots of the orangutans 


At the elephant exhibit. Jared was sporting a pretty full-on beard at this point; I kind of miss it, it was handsome :) I think he stuck with it so long in a pact with Parker to get him to stop sucking his thumb (it worked!).


Taking a drink break in the shade--it was a hot, sunny day


Can you spot Grandpa Niki in the background?


Pushing the stroller and riding in the stroller was fun for each


We waited in line to see the pandas--luckily, you can actually get a really great view of them once you get in.


Parker captured a good shot with his camera.


Riding on the sky tram. Parker was pretty nervous about going on this (I didn't feel all that great about it, either, so I can't blame him), but as soon as it took off, he exclaimed, "Hey! This is really fun!" and then loved every minute of it.


Mariner I and Mariner II




We all couldn't resist the critter pics

 It's about time that I posted some pictures from Parker's birthday trip to the San Diego Zoo! They have been nagging me for weeks now :) Thanks to Dee and Niki, we were able to spend the day at the zoo with them and Nate, Lisa, and Alex. We got Parker his own camera for his birthday, and he spent a lot of time during the day diligently working at getting great shots and videos of the animals. We walked and walked all over, hopped on the tram here and there, and had a nice long lunch (where we caught sight of zoo keepers walking a cheetah on a leash along with its doggie buddy--who knew??). We even rode the sky tram back across the zoo at the end of the day--somehow, I got on the tram with all of the kiddos, luckily we all ended up feeling good and happy about the tram ride and made it back down to land safe and sound. It was a long, full, fun day, hopefully one that Parker will always remember as the day that we celebrated him turning five!!



No comments:

Post a Comment