Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Picasso's Couch
Jared and I were shocked last night (after Parker was already asleep in bed) to discover that Parker had scribbled all over our couch with a ball point pen! Apparently this happened while I was in the kitchen making dinner. We pulled the pillows and backrest cushions off the couch to discover drawings on both arms of the couch and all along the back. It was truly shocking--while I know that this is something really typical for kids to do, Parker has never done anything like this before, and I kind of thought he was beyond this stage now at 3 1/2. He also usually seems like a fairly smart and reasonable kid, so I was surprised that he would do something so obviously wrong. But, as Jared said, this is just the beginning of us asking our kid, "WHAT were you thinking?!" and "You know better than to do that!" I'm sure we'll be saying those things to him for many more years to come...
In the meantime, we're working on trying to wash the pen off the couch...not much luck so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YIKES!
ReplyDelete