Friday, June 20, 2014

Reading!!!

In the past six months or so, Parker's reading skills have accelerated like crazy. I started taking him to the local library at the beginning of the school year, and he is happy to go there as often as we can. He's been blasting through several series of kids' books, with the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series being a big favorite. He's also on Book Two of the Harry Potter series now--he read Book One in under a week! (On a side note, I'm currently on Book Five...never thought I'd be reading Harry Potter books, but I'm enjoying them!) It makes me so happy to see Parker sitting down, totally engaged in reading a book for long stretches of time, totally by choice. He often stays up late at night reading in bed with a reading lamp. He is the definition of an "avid reader" and the embodiment of someone who "always has his nose in a book"! He'll even brush his teeth entirely while reading. 

Levi was super excited to get his own first library card recently! He always picks out several books to check out, and has mastered the computerized check-out process all by himself. 



Library card, or prison inmate ID #?? (photo courtesy of the library...)






No comments:

Post a Comment