
I finally finished my picnic quilt that I started about a year ago! And just in time for summer, too. Technically, the whole thing is a total mess--nothing is square, the seams aren't straight, and my thread tension was off for about 60% of the quilting. BUT, the patterns are so busy that you really can't tell unless you look closely. It's been a great exercise in "good enough" for me. I can totally embrace the truth that I just don't have the time, patience, or skills to keep working on this to make it any more "right" or "better"--if I don't just stop now and call it done, we may never have a picnic on this quilt!
I love the looks of it despite all of its flaws, and my only hope is that it actually is used, loved, and appreciated. It's a big relief to finally have a big project finished and useable--I have so many projects planned that I now have renewed hope and motivation that they may in fact get done someday, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment