We got to enjoy a really exciting Padres v. Giants baseball game last night in San Diego! We left by the seventh inning because the boys were getting really tired, but we heard on the radio that the Padres tied it up 7-7 right as we were leaving, and then we found out late last night that the Padres won it in the twelfth inning! There's no way the boys could have made it that long, so it's a good thing we left when we did. It was a really fun game, though, with at least half the stadium (or more) representing Giants fans, so it was full of noise no matter which team was doing well. So fun!
The pictures from the game also make great "before" shots of Levi, before we took him to get his first "official" haircut today! Dee took us to a kids' hair salon in Liberty Station, and it worked out perfectly for Levi and his big event. He was definitely a bit scared when he realized that something strange was going on, but as soon as he was offered a lollipop, he was good to go. He got to sit in an airplane, suck on his blue lollipop, stick his tongue out frequently to admire its new blue color in the mirror, and watch a Disney movie on TV, all while getting a very nice and very thorough 'do. Seriously, the lollipop made the whole thing possible. He also got to pick out a toy from the treasure chest before we got started, and he was in love with his pink airplane covered in hearts. All while dressed head to toe in blue and wearing the same Padres shirt that he's had on for over 24 hours (he even insisted on sleeping in it last night). Such the Renaissance man.
Before the haircut began, but already loving the lollipop.
And I'm loving all of this Levi face; I swear I feel like I haven't really seen his face properly in about a year. Or his ears. We're really noticing his ears.
Okay, well, I actually also am in love with this look. I was very tempted to request a proper pompadour at this point; very Rockabilly cool. Maybe next time ;)
I'm glad he was amenable to the hairdrying, I wasn't sure if this might push him over the edge since he isn't a fan of loud things.
Cute boy!! Check out that blue mouth and the airplane in his right hand.
Handsome man. This is pre-pomade...
And here he is all slicked back, giving me one final show of the blue tongue. He seriously looks so cute, the woman who cut his hair did a great job. Jared feels like Levi doesn't look as much like him anymore without the big hair, and it's true that he doesn't look the same...it's been fun getting a real look at his face!






No comments:
Post a Comment