Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Levi's Birthday Quilt




I did it! It's done! I finally finished Levi's quilt--and even days before his birthday. I actually bought the robot fabric almost a year ago with the idea of making him a blanket with it, and lo and behold, it has finally happened. It was actually pretty easy to make--the blocks were easy to cut and piece--I just don't work on my sewing that often, since I find it hard to find quiet alone time during the day and I'm pretty exhausted by the time the boys go to bed. Once again, I know that there are plenty of things about this quilt that aren't done well or right (most things aren't straight or square, many of my stitches are uneven, I did a sewing "flip trick" instead of binding), but when it comes down to it, this thing looks and feels and acts like a blanket, and it was absolutely made with love. Levi really likes to sleep with his favorite blankets every night, so I hope that he will bond with this one too--it's the perfect size for the toddler bed that he will move up to in the next year. He's seen it in its many stages of preparation, but hasn't seen the totally finished product yet. I'm going to wrap it up and give it to him on his birthday; I'm not sure if he'll be that excited or surprised, but I do hope he grows to love it :)

1 comment: