Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Beach Boys







This was Levi's first "real" trip to the beach, and he absolutely loved it. I've been reluctant to take both boys to the beach by myself--I just picture the end of the day, when everyone is tired, cold, wet, covered in sand, and unhappy, and I've got to get us all (and all of our sand toys) back to the car in one piece, home, showered, dressed, fed, comforted...........now you know why this was Levi's first trip to the beach this summer! He really did love it, though, he just took off exploring as soon as I sat him down on the sand. The tide was low and the beach that we went to is nice and wide and flat, so he had plenty of room to crawl around in the wet sand, digging and splashing and occasionally heading out to sea. He never minded when the shallow waves washed up over his legs, seemed to enjoy his few mouthfuls of sand, and loved splashing in the shallow pools and crawling on top of Parker's sand castles. It was a great feeling knowing that Levi was up for a beach and ocean adventure, I think it reflects well on his personality :)

No comments:

Post a Comment